While everyone is buzzing with excitement about the long-awaited premiere of Dark Knight Rises, we can’t stop gushing over the beauty oozing from Anne Hathaway and Marion Cotillard. Both actresses looked absolutely stunning in white—did they collaborate ahead of time to plan that? Hathaway looked effortlessly elegant in a long Prabal Gurung gown, while Cotillard showed off her flirty physique in a short haute couture Dior dress. As if their gowns weren’t breathtaking enough, they had to go the extra mile with a flawless complexion and a pop of color for their makeup! Ladies, take notes, as we are about to tell you how to steal these A-listers looks.
Hathaway’s ruby lips:
If you are going to go with a bright lipstick, make sure the rest of your makeup is minimal. You may come off too made up if you apply a ton of eye makeup, so keep it simple!
- Start with achieving a flawless face. Apply your best concealer to hide any blemishes, and follow up with a skin-matching foundation. Sometimes, adding color to your face with makeup is great, but not if you’re trying to look like Hathaway.
- Get pink cheeks. Use a soft pink blush on the tops of your cheekbones. Dust it lightly, as you don’t want to over-do it. Try a shade like Makeup Forever’s “Pearly Pale Pink” powder blush ($20).
- Go light on the eyes. Hathaway’s eye makeup is next to nothing. You want to draw all the focus to your luscious eyelashes, so pick a volumizing and lengthening mascara like MAC’s Plush Lush mascara ($15). When you apply it, start from the very root of your eyelashes, so that can act as your eyeliner. If you wish, apply an incredibly thin line of eyeliner, preferably liquid. Try Urban Decay’s new 24/7 Waterproof liquid eyeliner ($19).
- Add your pop of color. Hathaway’s choice of rose-colored lips is perfect. Use a shade like Lancome’s Voile de Rose “L’Absolu” lipstick ($29). Apply a clear gloss over the top to really make your lips stand out! Our favorite is Bobbi Brown’s Crystal lip gloss ($18).
Keep in mind that you don’t have to use the exact same lipstick shade that Hathaway chose. You can use any color you wish! A minimal look like this gives you a chance to experiment with bright lip colors, so go wild!
Cotillard’s orange eyes:
Like Hathaway’s look, Cotillard honed in on a specific part of her face that she wanted to highlight; instead of her lips, she chose her eyes. This is an incredibly fun and flirty look to try, especially for the summer!
- Again, you want to start with a clear canvas. Use your concealer and foundation to achieve a perfect face. Make sure it matches your skin color! You aren’t trying to darken your skin color; you’re trying to enhance your natural one.
- Let your cheeks glow. Choose a pink blush, and do exactly the same as you would for Hathaway’s look. Just a stroke or two of the pale pink blush.
- Pick a bright eye shadow. Here, Cotillard has an orange shade like Makeup Forever’s Pure Pigments eye shadow in orange ($20), but you can choose any color you’d like! Experiment with bright teals, yellows and pinks. That is about the only makeup you are going to apply to your eyes. Just keep the color on your lids, don’t go above! After applying your eye shadow, use some mascara! Skip the eyeliner because that will take the attention away from your great choice of eye shadow.
- Gloss your lips. Cotillard stuck with a completely natural lip gloss. Try a nude shade like Chanel’s Levres Scintillantes “Sundress” lip gloss ($29.50). Remember, you don’t want to go into a color overload!
These looks are perfect for any occasion! Wear it to work, on a date, or for a girl’s night. Better yet, wear it to your wedding! If these two actresses pulled these colorful looks off in white gowns, why can’t you? If you give this pop-of-color makeup look, let us know how it works out!