The 2012 American Music Awards wasn’t just about music. The red carpet was bursting with stunning celebrities and their high fashion looks. Here are some of the hottest looks seen on the red carpet up close.
1) Taylor Swift – Taylor Swift dazzled in her golden Zuhair Murad gown. Her makeup was flawless as usually. To get Taylor’s soft complexion use Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals Blush ($16) and sweep across cheekbones. Taylor’s hair was pulled back into an elegant up-do.
2) Gwen Stefani – Gwen flaunted her rocker image in an ornate blazer, an exposed bra top by Balmain, black leather leggings and D’Orsay black heels. Her hair was natural looking and her red lip was stunning.
3) Nicki Minaj – Nicki stunned the crowd in her neon yellow gown by Monique Lhuillier. Her platinum hair and signature pink lip completed the look.
4) Carrie Underwood – Carrie looked gorgeous in a purple embellished Abed Mahfouz gown and heels by Giueppe Zanotti. Her hair was down and tucked behind her ears. Her accessories were a Jill Milan clutch and dazzling Jacob and Co chandelier earrings. Carrie’s makeup was a traditional smoky eye and a neutral lip.
5) Stacy Keibler – Stacy Keibler was a showstopper on the red carpet. Her beaded Collette Dinnigan mini-dress showed off her long legs and her nude pumps made them look even longer. Stacy’s hair and makeup also took on the natural look.